At Greenbriar West, we will:
- Provide world class education that meets or exceeds Fairfax County POS and Virginia SOL objectives.
- Provide instruction, including intervention support and enrichment opportunities, appropriate to the individual needs of our students.
- Support each student by differentiating instruction and utilizing special programs to meet individual needs and learning styles.
- Continue to integrate technology throughout the curriculum to enhance student learning.
- Encourage involvement of families and community members, for they provide invaluable support as we strive to meet the needs of our increasingly diverse student population.
- Strengthen teacher collaboration and student learning success through the sustained efforts of professional learning communities.
- Use the Responsive Classroom approach to support academic and social learning and model behavior that encourages students to become responsible learners and respectful citizens.
FCPS SCHOOL PROFILE
Greenbriar West recognizes that all children are unique individuals and active members of our diverse learning community. Learning occurs best when a challenging instructional environment is supported by effective teaching, responsible students and an active partnership with the community.
- All students can learn and are capable of reaching their unique potential.
- Setting and modeling clear and high expectations to enable all students to achieve success.
- Individual needs are recognized and met through differentiation and best practice instructional strategies in a safe and caring learning environment.
- Through interactive modeling and practice, students can learn to be kind, cooperative, responsible and respectful citizens.
- Technology plays an integral part in preparing children in the 21st century. The partnership between family, community and school is essential to our success.
- Students must master not only core academic skills but essential life skills to lay the foundation for a successful future as a life-long learner.
Kindergarten and New Student Registration
2021-2022 ESSER III/School Innovation and Improvement Plan
WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST TODAY?
WHAT'S FOR LUNCH TODAY?
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.